Wednesday 21 March 2012

Best Man Speech

Smile please Image from Google
 
Ladies and Gentlemen, Julie and John, it is a great honour to stand here in front of you today with someone as “SPECIAL” as Julie in the room.
I must say, when John came to me and asked me to be his best man; all I could think of was.... 'well third time lucky', and now I stand here thinking 'well just third time then',
It seems I have put as much effort into this speech as Julie has put into losing weight, so not a lot...

But that’s enough of the polite introductions.
I have known John since we were very small, and he has always dated very “interesting women”, but when he met Julie, I knew it had to be (a joke). I must grant admiration to them though, to how both of them have persevered through life together and how Julie has persevered in not restricting herself to a two digit dress size. Not all girls want to be size 0?
I also admire John's perseverance in struggling to fit both his arms around Julie in every hug they share.
I remember back when Julie was just a size 10, and then the two days after that when she was a size 16...
Anyway, I believe that Julie and John were a match made in heaven, and I really don't want to organize a fourth stag do. Apologies Jeremy about the stripper incident, I did not know she was a man.
And In the words of my ex-girlfriend; “I'm leaving you now”. 

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment