Thursday 22 March 2012

Body Image

At least once a day some tells me they are fat. Ironically, they normally aren't. I don't know whether they say it because they seek attention or they truly believe it. Either way, I have given up telling them they aren't. Humans or never satisfied. We always want what someone else has got. Straight hair, nicer clothes, to be taller. Or smaller. I don't know when body image became taboo. Because it didn't used to be. Going back it was a status symbol, what we judged people on before they even opened their mouths. Come to think of it, it still is. So why can't we talk about it? I don't know. It seems stupid. If we all do it, judge people on their appearance, then why can't we talk about it? Because we are afraid. Afraid of our judgments being judged.


HM

No comments:

Post a Comment